Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu everyone!
How you guys doing? The month of Dhul Hijjah starts tomorrow! I’m sure many of us know the significance of worshipping in the first ten days of this month. But for those of us who don’t and as a reminder to the rest, here’s a hadith that talks about it:
Ibn ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: “There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than these ten days.” The people asked, “Not even jihad for the sake of Allah?” He said, “Not even jihad for the sake of Allah, except in the case of a man who went out to fight giving himself and his wealth up for the cause, and came back with nothing.”
(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 2/457).
You can read more on it here.
Hope we’ll all utilize this opportunity to do as many good deeds as we can that will help our eeman grow and take us closer to Allah ‘Azza wa Jal. May Allah Ta’aala accept it from us and may Allah accept the Hajj of everyone who’s gone for Hajj this year. Ameen.
Remember me in your precious duas ❤
Anddd here’s a li’l rap for you guys! I know that probably sounds like a pie in the sky but man no lie, if the sky’s the limit I’ma learn to fly! 😋
Haha seriously I would really appreciate it if you read it and lemme know what you think. As always any feedback is welcome.
With everything that’s happenin around in the name of Islam
Its become the talk of the town, they say Muslims be haters all around the world1
Women forced to stay at home, cover up,
Stripped of their freedom unlike every other grownup!2
I mean that’s just simply messed up 3
Nah. Hold up.
Before you try to diss my religion based on your misconceptions,
Just calm down and get your facts right first
And instead of believin what the media says, do your own research!
Just to give you a heads up though, the reality
Is not always the same as what you’re shown on tv,
There’s more to Islam than hijab and polygamy,
And mind you terrorism is not one of them, homie.
‘Nuff said. But I’m not gonna stop yet.
Cause ain’t nothin more important I can think of right now
Than gettin the point across, so lemme begin with the basics,
This stuff is technical, it might get somewhat complicated
But because everything in Islam has a basis
Eventually it will all make sense, you just gotta be a lil patient.
Human beings were created for a purpose,
To worship the One and Only God who made us.
And this isn’t just any story I made up,
The same message was preached for ages by prophets and messengers.
Sent by God to this earth with Divine Signs from Him.
The religion became complete with the Qur’an revealed,
To the last Messenger, Muhammad4, who was the seal of the Prophets5
The only Scripture preserved and protected from being corrupted,
Unlike the Bible and the Torah and every other scripture that came before it!
It’s plain and simple, just think about it, how do you justify your belief that god died?!
Was tried and crucified, chose to be sacrificed?!6
We seek refuge in Allah, He’s Exalted, the Most High, He’s above all that they lie!
Ain’t no justification for ignorance, mate.
I mean no exaggeration but the only way to salvation is submission to the Creator and not His creation!
1. This is referring to Islamophobia. Some people just can’t help themselves from attributing the crimes done by people who are Muslim or call themselves Muslim to Islam. But when a Christian does the same they never blame it on Christianity. Why such double standards?
2. Sorry for the awkward example but I had to mention it cause some people think covering up somehow oppresses women which is NOT TRUE. I mean, nothing can be further from the truth! Hijab is nothing but empowering!
3. Sarcasm. XD
4. SallaAllahu alayhi wa sallam
5. “Muhammad (SAW) is not the father of any man among you, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last (end) of the Prophets. And Allah is Ever AllAware of everything.” Surah Al-Ahzab 33:40
6. The Christian belief that Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام) supposedly the son of god who was also god sacrificed himself to free mankind from the burden of sin which doesn’t make any sense whatsoever for many reasons. Read Ten Reasons Why Jesus isn’t God, for the proof and to get a better understanding of the topic.