Assalamualaikum rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu
This post was due last week but as usual I ended up putting it off. I seem to do that way too often, don’t I? But hey, this time around I did have a reason. In all honesty, I just didn’t get time as we had guests staying over. I’m so sorry to have kept you waiting! 😳
So I won’t be delaying this any further. Let’s dive straight into it!
First off, I’d like to thank sisters Loubnanya, accidentallyinked and revels1 for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I really appreciate it ya akhwatil 7elwa! You guys are super sweet! It’s a pleasure to know that you like my blog.
Some of you already know them; but as for those of you who don’t, allow me to introduce these lovely ladies to you.
Loubnanya: A revert sister from France who writes both in English and in French! I love the way she expresses her thoughts so honestly. She has recently started translating her poems to English and subhan’Allah it’s just uhhmazing! One of her posts titled “Being A Muslimah Is…” is very well written and beautifully sums up all the qualities of a pious Muslimah. She’s a wonderful person; and I feel there’s so much that I can learn from her. I was almost considering asking her to give me Arabic lessons. Oh did I mention she’s originally from Lebanon and fluent in Arabic too! Masha’Allah! اللهم بارك لك أختي. May Allah سبحانه و تعالى protect her. Ameen. (The lessons thing was a joke by the way)
Accidentallyinked: One of the sweetest sisters I got to know through WordPress. She has a lovely blog. Her posts are always interesting and meaningful. She also does fantastic photography and I really like how every photo carries with it a deeper meaning. I also like her poetry which is succinct, to the point and beautifully expressed in just few words. اللَّهُـمَّ بارك لك أختي الجميله. Her latest poem “Soul Whispered” is remarkable! Honestly, reading it just brings you back to reality.
Revels1: A very upfront and lively blogger Masha’Allah. Her youthful musings and inspiring poetry is a pleasure to read. What I find most interesting about her blog is that she writes on the most unexpected topics with so much ease. Like it just seems to come so naturally to her. I remember reading a poem on her blog titled “The Odd Charm To Drown”. You wouldn’t guess what it’s about! Nuh-uh I won’t tell ya. You’ll have to read it yourself to find out. 😋 Another called Mortal Pleasure is equally good. Masha’Allah. اللَّهُـمَّ بارك لك!
The Rules for this award are as follows:
– Thank the nominator and link them.
– List the rules and display the award.
– Add 7 facts about yourself.
– Nominate 7 other bloggers and let them know via a comment.
7 Facts About Me
1. I’m obsessed with scarves. I love trying out different types: plain, prints, floral, layered and also simple black ones with borders. One of the most recent addition to my wardrobe is a navy blue headscarf with tiny little white stars all over it! Just like the night sky! 😊 (As a side note, there are certain conditions of a proper hijab which we must always bear in mind no matter what occasion we’re dressing up for. May Allah سبحانه و تعالى protect us. Ameen)
2. The place where I’m originally from we have a house that’s situated facing a huge river (which goes into the…Arabian Sea I guess lol), and right across it is a ridge of mountains with a waterfall gushing out of one of them throughout the year. You can actually hear it during the rainy season!
3. I love to watch fish swim around in ponds, rivers and lakes and even tanks haha. And that’s why I absolutely love visiting aquariums; it’s like a completely different world. Subhan’Allah it makes you appreciate the beautiful Creation of Allah سبحانه و تعالى.
4. I like listening to Islamic lectures, khutbahs, attending seminars etc. Some of my favorite scholars are Shk. Bilal Phillips, Mufti Menk, Musa Cerantonio (don’t know if you’ve heard of him? I think he’s really good. May Allah preserve him.),…actually there are so many more haha. I like NAK too, it’s nice to listen to his stuff.
5. I think playing games on your phone is a waste of time. My phone doesn’t have a single game on it. Except “Charades” (that’s only cause my ten year old cousin wanted us to play something together so she downloaded it herself.)
6. I ran into a group of Jehovah’s Witnesses a few months back (yes they’re on active duty here in India too). Maybe I’ll write about it someday insha’Allah.
7. I did Myers-Briggs personality test as a part of a Psychology assignment once and got INFJ. It kinda describes me in a way. و الله أعلم.
I’d like to nominate:
One thing common in all of these blogs is that they put effort into sharing their knowledge and experiences so that people may benefit. I’m all for da’wah, and I really look up to those who invite to the message of Islam. May Allah عَزَّ و جل preserve them. When I read the writings of these bloggers I’m reminded of Allah سبحانه و تعالى, my purpose in life, and the reality of the Hereafter. To be honest, I’m not someone who’d actually pick up a book and start reading it. Even if its an Islamic book it takes days for me to get myself to read it, whether I finish it or not is another story. But I actually enjoy reading on WordPress and it’s because of you guys. Not just those I’ve mentioned in this post but there’s always something beneficial and interesting on every blog I follow. Alhumdulillah. اللَّهُـمَّ بارك لنا!
So the reason I’m nominating these wonderful people is just to show my appreciation of their work. I don’t think I’m in a position to give them an award. I can only appreciate their work and pray for them insha’Allah.
Please do check out their blogs and don’t forget to subscribe!
May Allah سبحانه و تعالى give us the hidayah to worship Him in ways which are most beloved to Him and help us keep our intentions pure solely for His Sake and may He forgive our shortcomimgs. Ameen.
Do remember me in your duas! 💗